Original Air Date: December 5, 2013
Synopsis: Things get awkward when an anniversary dinner celebrating the day Peter and Elizabeth met is interrupted by Peter’s ex-girlfriend, Agent Jill Stone. It turns out that Jill is in town tracking a rogue tech genius planning to sell a powerful microchip to the highest bidder, and she needs Peter to help her pose as a team of interested buyers. El claims she’s fine with the situation, but she can’t help feeling uncomfortable with her husband’s proximity to his former flame, especially when the normally transparent Peter won’t share details of the classified case.
Elsewhere, Neal and Jones hope reports of a thief using a stolen FBI badge to boost cars will lead to answers about Agent Seigel’s murder. Meanwhile, Neal and Rebecca’s thrilling breakthrough on the Moscone Codex points them in a new direction, but Mozzie worries that their budding relationship may soon lead to trouble.
At the same time Peter and Jill learn that their “competition” for the microchip are actually hired mercenaries with plans to steal the chip at any cost. And when Elizabeth’s jealousy leads her to spy on Peter, she soon lands in the middle of the action in this highly dangerous case…
1. The Italian restaurant where El and Peter celebrate their first date anniversary, Johns, first opened in 1912.
2. When we shot Jones and Neal cruising Brooklyn in the BMW, Sharif followed the wrong (a random) van for a mile.
3. To prepare for his directorial debut, Willie Garcon channeled old time silent movie Hollywood directors by dressing like one with beret, riding pants and monocle. He also carried a very large acoustic megaphone.
4. The episode's guest start, Kim Dickens has had recurring roles on 5 Emmy nominated shows...Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Treme, Friday Night Lights, and Deadwood.
5. Long time second AD of White Collar, Mark McGann, has a cameo appearance in the pilot of GIRLS as a waiter.
6. Kim Dickens is an Alabama Native and was a member of the National Honor Society. Beautiful and bright!
7. This episode is the directorial debut of our very own Willie Garson who plays Mozzie
8. Set shenanigans! On his first day of directing the episode Mr.Garson showed up in authentic 1930's directing togs: a megaphone, beret, jodhpurs, and riding crop. We're ready for our close-up Mr.Garson!