Morgan Lolar’s first impression of Evan Smith was that he “looked like a douchebag.” Nevertheless, they found love on Temptation Island; afterward, Evan moved across the country to be with Morgan, and they settled into regular life in suburban Arlington, VA. They recently launched a joint YouTube channel called “ForEvaMor” and kicked things off by sifting through 2,200 questions (impressive!) and granting a 2-part, 42-minute Q&A session in which they shed light on their Temptation Island experience and everything that’s happened since. Here are a few things we learned:
1. Evan immediately told Morgan’s dad that he was going to marry Morgan. Evan didn’t waste time making his intentions clear to Morgan’s family. Upon meeting her dad, Evan informed him that he intended to marry Morgan. “Just so you know, I’m not just some guy from reality television,” Evan says. “I wanted him to understand that I wasn’t here to date.” According to Morgan, her family is now “obsessed” with Evan.
2. They are thrilled they don’t have to hide in public anymore. “I could cry, I’m so happy,” Evan says. They tried to maintain a low profile for months, until the final episode of the season aired. The 6’6” Evan wore a hoodie everywhere. One girl allegedly tried to blackmail them at a bar.
3. Evan got drunk before his first date with Morgan. Evan admitted that he “took a few vodka handle pulls” before heading off to meet Morgan for their ziplining first date. “I was nervous,” he says.
4. They absolutely want to have kids one day. One day, the Evan-Morgan wolfpack will grow by one—or several. “Of course we want kids in the future,” Evan says. “Little chonkers,” Morgan calls them.
5. Evan was extremely nervous at the beginning of Temptation Island. It’s hard to blame him, what with cameras, a full production team, and a dozen single ladies trying to rip you from your relationship. Morgan says her initial impression of Evan was that he was arrogant, but the truth was he was rattled. “I was so nervous,” he says. “I was dying. I was shooketh.”
6. They like real life better than Maui. Evan and Morgan agree that the excitement of their initial honeymoon phase on Temptation Island was dampened by the fact that they weren’t permitted to be together all the time. Now, they are free to fully live in each other’s arms.
7. Evan survived his first DC winter. The things people do for love. Evan gave up the balmy winters of Southern California to be with Morgan, and it wasn’t exactly a cakewalk. “I’m proud. I am so proud. That s--- was so tough.” He made things difficult on himself by waiting until around Christmas to buy a proper coat. Until then, he rocked hoodies and sandals. “People would be staring,” Morgan said.
8. Evan can’t handle spicy food—at all. Morgan: “Literally, you put a pepper in his food, and he starts profusely sweating.”
9. Morgan did not expect to find love on Temptation Island. Morgan: “I came to the island literally to drink beer, [take a] free vacation, and get a tan… I definitely was not expecting to find love. I thought I was just gonna be, like, the homie. And I still thought [that] until the first date.”
10. They would definitely not return to Temptation Island as a couple. “Hell no.”
Temptation Island has been renewed for a second season on USA Network. Visit TEMPTATIONISLAND.USANETWORK.COM for more information about the series.
Click here to watch full episodes of Temptation Island Season 1.