We already know that Meghan Markle is a lifestyle expert, and her site The Tig is one of our top go-to destinations for anything food, wellness, or style. But her recent profile in Canada’s Best Health Magazine gives us some greater insight into Meghan’s background and other passions. See nine things we learned about Meghan in her most recent magazine interview.
1. Meghan is actually her middle name! Her real first name is Rachel, just like her character, Rachel Zane.
2. Meghan went to Northwestern University for college, where she studied theater and international relations. After college, she worked for the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, and today she remains active in international affairs as the UN Women’s advocate for political participation and leadership.
3. She has two rescue dogs, Bogart and Guy.
4. Yoga is in her blood. Meghan’s mom is a yoga instructor, and she started doing mommy-and-me yoga when she was seven. She still practices yoga a few times a week, and adds hot yoga to her practice!
5. Meghan also runs, and is planning on running a marathon.
6. Even though you don’t see Rachel Zane working out on Suits, Meghan thinks that Rachel would go spinning since it fits with her tightly wound temperament.
7. Meghan also has a history of being on TV sets. Her dad was the lighting director on Married with Children, so Meghan grew up on set. She attributes spending time near craft services as where her love of food started.
8. Even someone as healthy as Meghan has a couple of delicious food guilty pleasures. Her cheat day meals? French fries and pasta.
9. Her perfect day would be sleeping in, taking her dogs for a long walk, doing some yoga, working on The Tig, eating a great sashimi lunch, and cooking a delicious dinner for her friends. And Meghan loves filming Suits so much that she’d even want to film a scene on her perfect day.
To read the full article from writer Melissa Greer, and see some stunning photos from photographer Geneviéve Charbonneau of Meghan Markle doing yoga, click here!