Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) may be the best closer in New York, but it’s no secret that the real MVP of Pearson Specter Litt is Donna Paulsen (Sarah Rafferty). While her role on Suits is as Harvey's legal secretary, the scope of her responsibilities and power is far greater. Here’s why Donna is the absolute best assistant in all the land.
1. She knows everything. And yes, Donna will point this out to you. It’s not being needlessly boastful; it’s just the way it is.
2. She’s the ultimate team player and fiercely loyal to everyone she works with. Whether she’s helping you win a mock trial or the most important case of the century, Donna is the person you need in your corner.
3. Donna has an ability to get everyone to love and respect her. Remember Norma? Donna even had a good relationship with her!
4. Harvey has a knack for solving problems on his own, yet he still needs Donna –- and he even admits this to her! Who else could make Harvey seem so human? Donna and her superhuman powers, that’s who!
5. Donna’s job is everything to her, and so is her work family at PSL. Without any hesitation, she will put her job on the line to protect the people she cares about. That's going way above and beyond the call of duty -- and the definition of family.
6. Working with lawyers is no small feat. Working with the best lawyers at the best firm in the country's biggest legal market means you need to have a million balls in the air and never miss a beat. Donna does that and then some. It’s no wonder that everyone wants her to work on their desk!
7. Donna proves that awesome-ness is a workplace skill that’s just as important as having a photographic memory.
8. As amazing as Harvey is, he’s only human and makes mistakes, both in the workplace and in his personal life. Donna won’t let his ego get out of control and she knows exactly how to point it out and keep Harvey in line.
9. When you’re in the office as long as lawyers and their legal secretaries, it’s important to have a sense of humor and the ability to make friends with your team -- and Donna is the gold standard. Whether she’s cracking the best jokes in the firm, or lending a shoulder to cry on, Donna is always there for you (and often with a sweet treat or a drink)!
We think that Pearson Specter Litt would be completely lost without Donna Paulsen, so Happy Administrative Professionals Day, Donna! And, Gretchen, we think you're great; you're just not Donna-level... YET. We're confident that you'll get there soon too.
Have you thought about naming your next cat Mikado? Are you hoarding raspberry bran bars in your desk? What if Louis is your spirit animal? Check the 26 Signs Louis Litt Is Your Soulmate to find out!