One of our favorite leading ladies is returning to the screen with her new show Pearson. In anticipation of the show officially premiering on USA next month, Gina Torres sat down with Health Magazine to discuss self-care, food and Jessica Pearson. See five things we learned about Gina in her most recent magazine interview.
1. If Gina weren’t an actress, she would be a journalist -- always in pursuit of the story.
2. Some of Gina’s favorite foods are fried chicken and bacon! Although balance with her eating habits and workout routine is what is most important for Gina. She told Health, “I work out so I can feel good. Sometimes I hit it hard; sometimes it’s just about getting it in. But food? I love food.”
3. Gina prefers a movie marathon over a spa day. Gina talks about the importance of emotional health and values a staycation and some quiet time to recharge when she’s not working.
4. Pearson (a spin-off of Suits) was Gina’s idea! Gina explains that Pearson was her idea and “Sometimes there are characters that stay with you—so I was like, “Well, I wonder what Jessica would be doing?” Pearson will also be Gina’s first time as lead actress and co-executive producer, a role that “felt natural and good.”
5. Gina and Jessica have at least one thing in common: “I think the best thing we have in common is the ability to look ahead. Well, she sees seven steps ahead; I’m not there yet. I see three steps ahead -- sometimes four, on a clear day.”
Pearson premieres Wednesday, July 17, at 10/9C! Set your DVR now!