11 Reasons to Love Mr. Robot's Rami Malek
Whether he’s the most stylish guy on the red carpet, giving the most inspiring award show acceptance speeches, or blowing our minds as Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot, it is ridiculously easy to love Rami Malek so, so much. In honor of his 35th birthday on May 12, see 11 of the reasons why we heart Rami.
1. His portrayal of Elliot Alderson on Mr. Robot is so perfectly chilling that he’s starting to rack up big awards. So it’s not just us that know how insanely talented he is.
2. He is absurdly stylish. Who would have guessed that the guy who consistently wears old black hoodies as Elliot would actually be the most stylish man on every red carpet?
3. He has an identical twin named Sami, and the two have some funny stories. Once Rami pretended to be Sami to help him pass a theater class!
4. He is very passionate about the issues he cares ] about. As an Egyptian-American, Rami has spoken out in support of the necessary importance of increased diversity in Hollywood.
5. Rami’s love and support for his castmates and Mr. Robot’s crew never goes unnoticed. He showers them with praise in every appearance, and we think that’s incredibly cool.
6. Rami encourages everyone to embrace the things that make them different, and loves how unique we all make the world. If you’re looking for some inspiration, watch his memorable Critics Choice Awards speech.
8. Elliot is his first major role, but we love looking back at Rami's early work, such as his appearances in Gilmore Girls, Night at the Museum, The Pacific, and yes, even Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2. He’s always been super-talented, but it feels like the role of Elliot is perfect for him!
10. Rami takes his craft seriously, and has really made an effort to make a realistic depiction of mental illness by meeting with a psychiatrist to better understand Elliot. He even talks about how he does not want to let the psychiatrist down.
11. His love and respect for his co-star Christian Slater is delightful, and we are big fans of the bond that has developed between these two over the awards show circuit.
Happy birthday, Rami (and Sami)! Hope it's the best day ever!