Presented by ACE
Spring is the perfect time to tackle new decorating and home improvement projects. Whether you already have a few items that you want to restore or you’re looking to go find something new, check out this list of handy tips to enhance your spring redecorating.
- Give it new purpose. Instead of buying new furniture, look to see if you already have things that can be reused somewhere else. You’ll save money and give a whole new life to something that’s already been loved.
- Pick up a brush. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint is all you need to give your room a new look. Before you go shopping for new home décor, think of whether anything you already own can be repainted and made to look brand new… and totally different. Try chalk-based paint, it’s an easy and affordable way to update old furniture.
- Head to the local flea market. On top of having a day of fun searching for a new treasure, you’ll find cool pieces that you’ll be able to restore to fit your new décor style.
- Learn how to fake a vintage look. There are lots of cool techniques that can make furniture look weathered and vintage without spending a lot of money. Check out the Amy Howard at Home product line at your neighborhood Ace to achieve the coveted antique look.
- Get your kids in on the fun. Involve your whole family in repainting furniture – it might be a fun experience, and it’ll help make your house feel like more of a home!
- Watch DIY videos to learn how to improve your crafting. There are tons of informative videos out there to help show you how to redecorate old pieces of furniture, and by watching them, you’ll be able to tackle any home décor project in no time! Check out Ace Hardware’s YouTube channel for painting ideas from Amy Howard at Home.