In a career marked by a series of firsts, KOЯN have done it again. They’ve already revolutionized the heavy genre with their bold, unsettling music that defies categorization and now they’ve taken their music to astonishing new heights with SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE, their debut album via a partnership with EMI/Virgin Records. It’s a unique alliance that will enable KOЯN to be even more innovative in the way their music is presented to their fans, and open doors to even more creativity and disarray.
The result is the most revolutionary Korn album since their debut, a barb-wired, blinding musical fury, dark and twisted lyrical candor, and searing, sociopath tendencies. It’s the culmination of everything Korn have come to represent musically, morphed with an industrial-strength alter ego that’s been suppressed, until now. If Korn’s first decade ushered in a new era in heavy music, brace yourself, because the next decade has been launched with their most unrelenting musical maelstrom to date. Click hear to read Korn's complete bio
Jonathan Davis: Vocals
James "Munky" Shaffer: Guitars
David Silveria: Drums
- Hail from Bakersfield, CA, 1993
- Have sold 25 million albums including 16 million in the U.S.
- "Freak On A Leash" appeared on a countdown of Vh1's 40 Greatest Metal Songs Of All Time at #23.
- Often credited with creating the nu metal genre
- First music artist to appear live on the internet to promote their new LP
- Started their own annual heavy metal tour called the Family Values Tour
- The bands name originates from...
The band chose Korn as its name not because it was odd but because it was something no one would suggest. When their manager Larry Weintraub said they would never get a deal with a name like that, they suggested another one. Of course he rejected his own name as the Band’s and Korn won out.
- Currently on a Worldwide Tour (www.korn.com)
- Family Values Tour with the Deftones, stone Sour and Flyleaf
- 1994 – Korn
- 1996 – Life Is Peachy
- 1998 – Follow the Leader
- 1999 – Issues
- 2002 – Untouchables
- 2003 – Take a Look in the Mirror
- 2004 – Greatest Hits, Volume 1
- 2005 – See You on the Other Side
- 2006 – Live And Rare