IRONING AND FOLDING
Some people have hobbies like bowling or golf. I like to iron. And fold. And then unfold and iron. And then fold again. And then – you get the idea. Here are some of my favorite tips for keeping things organized and wrinkle-free.
One way to pack shirts or sweaters neatly is to use a "shirt board" as a guide. Cut a stiff piece of cardboard the size you want the folded garment to be (ignoring the collar). Then use the "shirt board" as a guide for folding.
1. Place the garment flat and smooth on its front side.
2. Place the cardboard guide on the back of the garment just below the collar.
3. Fold each side inward and arrange the sleeves smoothly.
4. Fold the bottom upward toward the collar.
5. Slide the cardboard (just below the collar) out of the folded garment.