Fun Facts We Learned About Mr. Robot At New York Comic Con
The cast and creator of Mr. Robot took the stage at New York Comic Con on October 9th to talk about the show’s twists, Season Two, and some fun facts about the making of the show. Here’s what we learned:
- Rami Malek is the on-set prankster. “I had people convinced I was White Rose for a while,” he said.
- Rami also covered Carly Chaikin’s trailers with gummi bears, because she said it was her character Darlene’s favorite candy.
- Martin Wallström, who plays Tyrell Wellick, got into character by watching American Psycho and reading books about climbing corporate ladders.
- To get into Elliot’s character, Rami Malek watched Pi and Taxi Driver.
- Show creator Sam Esmail took the cast to hacking seminars. Rami Malek even had to have a typing instructor and walk around the set with a keyboard to practice on because of all of the close-ups of Elliot’s hands typing in the first season.
The cast is largely in the dark with what will happen in season two, and spent their shared car ride to the Comic Con panel trying to guess what will happen. Instead, they shared their hopes for their characters in season two.
- Rami Malek hopes that Elliot will eat something and change clothes in season two.
- Martin Wallström would love to see Tyrell kiss Elliot.
- Carly Chaikin wants to learn more about Darlene’s history with Elliot, as well as their family history.
- We did learn that the second season will explore the beginnings of fsociety, and that Christian Slater’s Mr. Robot character will return.
Mr. Robot At NYCC '15