ABOUT THE MOVIE
Calvin Palmer (Ice Cube) is the reluctant inheritor of his late father's barbershop on Chicago's South Side. While the shop itself is a longtime neighborhood institution, the business is struggling, and Calvin feels trapped in a life he never really wanted.
After agreeing to sell the shop to a shady loan shark (Keith David), Calvin spends some time in the shop and comes to realize the love and dedication he has for his employees and loyal customers, including:
- Eddie (Cedric the Entertainer), an old barber with strong opinions but no customers.
- Jimmy (Sean Patrick Thomas), a highly-educated barber with a superiority complex.
- Isaac (Troy Garity), a new barber who is the shop’s only white employee.
- Ricky (Michael Ealy), an ex-con who is desperately trying to stay straight.
- Terri (Eve), a sharp-tongued beautician with an irrational dedication to her two-timing boyfriend.
- Dinka (Leonard Earl Howze), a fellow barber who is madly in love with Terri but never gets the time of day from her.
- J.D. (Anthony Anderson), a failed neighborhood thief with an eye on his next score.
Now it's up to Calvin to do everything he can to stop the sale of the shop before it's too late.