Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Adopting Or Fostering A Dog
Created by USA for Subaru
Making a decision to adopt a pet is one of the greatest and most rewarding decisions you can make. It’s a huge decision though, and to be fair to your future pet, you need to make sure that you’re absolutely ready to offer your new furry friend a forever home. Here are ten things you need to know before you adopt a dog:
- Dogs take up a lot of time and energy. This is a no brainer, but make sure you have the time and resources to care for your new pet.
- There are many reasons to adopt dogs of different ages. Think about what makes the most sense for your lifestyle and choose an appropriately aged pet based off that.
- Research breeds before choosing a dog. Each breed has its own temperament, so find the best one for you.
- Be prepared for medical expenses: Even though pet medical insurance exists, it can be pricey. Be sure to save up for unforeseen events.
- Even adopted pets need training. Even if you get an older dog instead of a puppy, you’ll still need to train your dog to transition it to its new home.
- This may be tough, but never adopt a pet on a whim. Make sure to do your research and pick the best pet for you.
- Find a local dog park. Your dog will get some much needed exercise and socialization, and you can make new dog-owner friends!
- If you have kids, schedule a home visit first. It’s important to find a pet that loves your children, and one your children loves too.
- Owning a dog is a lifelong commitment, but it’s worth it. In return, you’ll be rewarded with your dog’s unconditional love. There’s nothing better than that!
- This will change your life… for the better! Ask any adoptive pet owner, and they’ll say that their pet rescued them.
To learn more about the amazing benefits of pet adoption, visit TheMoreYouKnow.com/Subaru